New Year = Unresolved Resolutions
Why is it that every New Year we write a list to ourselves about things that we are going to accomplish but by the end of the year we realize we didn’t achieve most of them. There is this mind frame that when a New Year begins it’s a new beginning for us to do things differently. However, if we were just to change our frame of mind during the year, things could be different or could be dealt with differently without the added pressures of a new beginning that we force upon ourselves every New Year. Now, don’t get me wrong I’m also to blame for unaccomplished expectations as I have created lists of things that I wanted to accomplish or habits that I want to get rid of but at the end of the year, it has all been to no avail. I have come to the realization that it’s because no one really holds us accountable for the things we want to accomplish, change or do. Sometimes we create a mental note to ourselves or we write it on paper but no one really pushes us to fulfill the changes that we seek.
I personally know what it feels like to want to see things change and to feel stagnant in your lives path and the thought of a new numeric number on paper seems like a new beginning and new opportunity for change. So this year I have decided that I still have a long list of things I want to achieve but rather than think about it, I will share them with you so that you can hold me accountable for them. Knowing that our readers have expectations, gives me the drive to show others that you CAN achieve your goals a.k.a. New Years Resolutions. And if I don’t do it within the New Year, I won’t give up and become disappointed in myself. I will strive to accomplish what I set out to do, no matter how long it takes or how many other things I put on the list along the way. 🙂
So here goes…
- I want to write good quality content for my readers, things they can relate to and sympathize with.
- I want to find an amazing cruelty-free and vegan skin care regimen that I can stick to and show others that you can achieve the same great results from companies that are bettering our world without endangering the lives of animals.
- I want to have more time enjoying life and being in the moment especially with my 3 little girls. I don’t want to be a robot looking at the screen of my phone or computer while missing important moments that may never be relived again.
- Just like 99% of the population, I too want to better my physical activity, health, and wellbeing. It’s not so much a focus on weight but a positive attitude towards my body by making healthier choices and performing proper exercises.
- I want to meditate and be at peace with myself.
- I want to do yoga at least three times a week.
- I also want to try and learn the things that I never got a chance to do as a child: ice skating, rollerblading and riding a bicycle.
- Contribute in some way to this earth – plant a tree, volunteer at an animal shelter, clean up a beach, create vegan app…the possibilities are endless!
What will you be accomplishing in 2018, 2019 and so on?